ORAL CANCER EXAMS: Early Detection
Early Detection Is Vital
Dr. Donald and Dr Alissa Roman can find oral cancer while it is still treatable by performing a compassionate and thorough oral cancer exam.
While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat.
In fact, oral cancer may be life-threatening if not detected early.
At Roman Dental Arts, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our compassionate and thorough team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
Types of Oral Cancer
Oral cancer can affect some of the following:
- Floor of the mouth
- Throat (pharynx)
- Hard and soft palate
Common Symptoms of Oral Cancer
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain.
We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
Everyone at Roman Dental is genuinely caring, friendly and very helpful. The services provided to me have always been top notch and I am getting quality dental care. THANK YOU for everything!!!
PROTECT YOUR FAMILY’S HEALTH
WITH ROMAN DENTAL ARTS
Give us a call or schedule an appointment with our friendly team at Roman Dental Arts in Hackensack, NJ.
FIVE STAR DENTISTRY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Roman Dental Arts in Hackensack, NJ is committed to providing exceptional state-of-the-art dentistry. Our patients appreciate the comfortable experience and modern technology they receive from our friendly and caring team.
While our patients travel from many locations, here are some of the communities within Bergen County we serve. New patients are always welcomed into our dental family.