hesitant to smile
Are you self-conscious about crooked teeth?
Some People Have Straight Teeth. Others Require Orthodontics.
Malocclusion is a dental term for teeth that do not fit together properly and could benefit from orthodontics.
If you have an overbite, underbite, crowded teeth or gaps between your teeth, you can benefit by having orthodontic treatment which can lead to a more attractive smile and improved oral health.
Example of crowded teeth
What Is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects malocclusions and brings your teeth into proper alignment, guides facial development and ensures healthy jaw growth.
Come by and talk to Dr. Donald and Dr. Alissa Roman, who are Invisalign certified and trained dentists, and see if this service is right for you.
What Causes Malocclusions?
The size of your teeth and how they fit into your jaw are inherited traits and Malocclusions can affect several generations. Besides being genetics, malocclusions can also be caused by:
- Accidents or disease
- A missing tooth, which allows the teeth around the open space to shift
- Habits such as thumb sucking, which can put pressure on teeth
What Are The Types of Malocclusions?
- Overbite – (sometimes referred to as “buck teeth”) manifests when the upper front teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth
- Crossbite – occurs when the upper front teeth do not sit slightly in front of the lower front teeth when one bites down
- Underbite – manifests as the lower front teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This occurs when the lower teeth sit too far forward or the upper teeth are positioned too far back
- Crowding – teeth sit together too closely. This can cause crooked teeth
- Spacing – spaces or gaps between the teeth
- Misplaced Midline – occurs when the center of the upper front teeth doesn’t line up with the center of the lower front teeth
Why Should I Correct My Malocclusion?
A malocclusion that isn’t corrected can affect your profile and appearance. Poorly aligned teeth can also contribute to tooth decay, bone destruction, loss of teeth, and jaw and joint problems. These may cause headaches, difficulty in opening and closing your mouth, clicking and popping sounds, and sore painful jaw muscles.
What Should I Do To Fix My Teeth?
Dr. Donald or Dr. Alissa Roman will examine your smile and determine if correcting your bite through orthodontic treatment is the right choice for you.
Roman Dental Arts offers INVISALIGN as a discreet orthodontic treatment option for straightening your smile.
Love Roman Dental Arts! Everyone is so friendly and Dr. Roman always does excellent work!
Are You Ready To Feel More Confident To Smile?
We invite you to learn more from our caring team about our Orthodontic Treatment options in Hackensack, NJ
FIVE STAR DENTISTRY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Roman Dental Arts in Hackensack, NJ is committed to providing exceptional state-of-the-art dentistry. Our patients appreciate the comfortable experience and modern technology they receive from our friendly and caring team.
While our patients travel from many locations, here are some of the communities within Bergen County we serve. New patients are always welcomed into our dental family.